3.5 The Police | Owners Corporation Network

3.5 The Police

Late at night, however, if council cannot assist, the police are your best bet. They can issue a `Noise Abatement Direction’ and you should ask for a police incident number so you can ensure your complaint is recorded, just in case you need to show this is a regular occurrence. An on-the-spot fine can be imposed on anyone who continues to make a noise after being directed to stop by an Environmental Protection Authority officer, the police or a local council official. NB” You should insist that your complaint is attended to right away – they have to witness the problem themselves and can’t be expected just to take your word for it.