Simply put, strategic planning is the process of how an organisation defines its direction and how decisions are made on allocating both financial and people resources and prioritising work outputs over certain timeframes.
What the Strategic Plan really does is provide a roadmap for where OCN wants to be in five years time. It is a dynamic or iterative, plan that can be reviewed and amended over the years, and provides a shared vision and a shared understanding of where we want OCN to be in the future.
So, when you think about it, the importance of having a Strategic Plan is:
1) to set the OCN direction and priorities
2) to get everyone on the same page and working together rather than in isolation
3) to simplify decision-making and help prevent random directions overtaking agreed priorities
4) to drive alignment of resources with our key focus areas, and
5) to be able to communicate with OCN members and others about what we're setting out to achieve.
The Strategic Plan 2015-2020 has been developed by OCN Director Jan Rashbrook who has captured the vision and needs of our organisation into a living document. The Plan was launched at our Annual General Meeting on 21 November 2015.
I commend the Owners Corporation Network Strategic Plan 2015-2020 to you and invite your feedback.