“OCN is an organisation of apartment owners helping owners”
The Owners Corporation Network of Australia Ltd (OCN) is the peak body representing the interests of residential strata title, community title and company title owners and occupiers. OCN is funded by membership fees and sponsorship. OCN members are all owners in residential or mixed schemes and have a common interest in the challenges and issues associated with living and investing in apartments and townhouses.
OCN’s mission is to represent and protect the interests and rights of present and future owners and occupiers in predominantly residential strata and community title schemes; to improve the experience of home ownership and living in such schemes; and to improve the governance and management of such schemes.
OCN’s vision for creating a better future in residential strata and community living and ownership aims to achieve the following:
- owners and the broader community having a better understanding of the nature and responsibilities of owning and living in such schemes;
- an urban environment consisting of residential buildings with a range of quality and cost;
- a realistic expectation that residential strata buildings offered to the public have been constructed essentially free from defects and that owners will be protected by warranties and insurances for a period representing fairness to the owners;
- clear and accessible legislation that allows schemes of varying sizes and types to operate efficiently and effectively by providing organisational and operational templates appropriate to the scheme;
- effective dispute resolution and support frameworks with reduced associated administrative costs;
- public perception that strata and community schemes represent an essentially safe, predictable and attractive form of home ownership.
We consider the extent of progress towards these objectives the measure of OCN’s success and effectiveness.
- In working towards the above objectives, OCN will undertake various activities including:
- Raising public awareness of the benefits and issues associated with strata and community ownership and community living, and disseminating relevant and helpful information;
- Providing and facilitating discussion forums for owners and owners corporations whereby experience is shared and ideas are exchanged;
- Maintaining a database of information relating to strata and community living, management and governance;
- Advocating for necessary changes to government policy and legislation;
- Developing the organisational strategies and implementing the action plans whereby OCN’s mission, vision and objectives are to be achieved.
Through these activities OCN aims to deliver benefits to its members, stakeholders and the broader community.
- Information published by OCN members through OCN website discussion forums does not represent legal advice and does not necessarily represent OCN’s view or carry OCN endorsement.
- OCN will not involve itself in individual disputes in schemes.